The Tentmaker Group is launching. On August 13th & 14th a group from the Tentmakers will travel to Las Vegas to observe and meet with one of the companies to participate. This company has a role that fits well with the need for church planters to fund a transition into ministry as described previously. Training for this role will take place August 27th through 29th. We expect a class size of 5-10 for this first round of training. This role is a sales role, but allows for flexible work-schedules and the ability to work from home. People who are interested in moving to San Diego to participate in a church planting movement will be able to shortly. (We are looking at office space Friday.) We also have a second opportunity for pastors or ministry leaders who seek to supplement their existing income with part time work.
After we launch this out of San Diego, cities who would like to start their own Tentmaker Group will be able to.
The Vision of the Tentmaker Group
1. Helping fund local church planting and ministry movements.
2. Allowing church planters, ministry leaders and others to augment their existing salary or setup a transition into ministry.
3. Providing a Kingdom expression through the value of work and a desire to demonstrate the cultural mandate to cultivate this earth to reflect God's glory.
4. Involving local organizations and businesses in these expressions.
5. Providing gospel consulting to people starting companies who want to give back to the city.
The Opportunity to join the Tentmaker Group
1. Church planters or ministry leaders who would like to raise support through one of the Tentmaker Group's positions.
2. Companies who would like to provide flexible part or full-time jobs to people transitioning into ministry.
2. Business leaders who want to impact their local city with a gospel-centered view of work and the city.
3. Entrepreneurs who desire to start business to impact their local city with a Kingdom mindset.
If you would like to learn more, feel free to contact me. At this time we also will seek to raise some seed capital to fund the development of the Tentmaker Group.