Monk Development has begun our shift from a Content Management provider to an Internet Presence Management company. What is the difference? Most Content Management Systems (CMS) focus on managing the content to publish to a client’s website. “If no one visits your award-winning new website does it really exist?” may be the existential question of the Internet age. Too often organizations spend all their time and budget on a website rather than establishing their presence across the web. We believe the CMS market needs to go beyond a website and that organizations need to ensure they are managing their presence across the web. What is your organization’s presence online?
Let me give you an example of how this would work. On Ekklesia 360 when a church publishes a sermon a number of things happen.
1. The Sermon is published to their website.
2. The church sermons are syndicated and churches can build custom syndication lists by sermon types and categories.
3. The church can connect their Facebook & Twitter accounts so that an editable status update announces the sermon. We even use bit.ly to shorten the url for you. Videos can be distributed to YouTube & Vimeo.
4. During setup we connect the churches podcast feed into iTunes.
5. Churches will have their sermon pushed to The Cloud Network where we route tens-of-thousands of online visitors a month to our church clients.
At the end of the day we want your sermons, articles and events to have as broad and far as reach as possible and to reach people where they already are. And this requires that we help you connect with people far beyond your website.