Question: How has Modern American Christianity changed Christianity and the way we do church for the worse? Do you think any of these?
1. Practices: Programs and business practices in the place of a radical christianity.
2. Worship: Songs more focused on feelings than God.
3. Gospel: Focused on personal salvation, not the gospel of the Kingdom.
4. Mission: Get them to our building, not send our people out.
5. Mercy: Church buildings or ‘over there’ but little backyard mercy ministries.
A publisher I spoke with is interested in having a book about what the American church and what Jesus said should look like here if we hadn’t ‘Americanized Jesus’. I’d love your thoughts…