I wanted to take a moment to encourage you to come to the Biola Digital Ministry Conference (formerly the Christian Web Conference) this year. The conference will be held on the campus of Biola University from Tuesday, June 5 until Thursday, June 7. The goal in crafting the direction of this conference this year has been to make it unlike any other conference of its kind. Biola wanted to retain the heritage of the original GodBlogCon by having speakers and sessions that focused on the theological and philosophical aspects of using digital tools. At the same time, we wanted to broaden the scope of the conference by including more practical and technical topics. Finally, we wanted to make the conference a place where those involved in digital ministry could be refreshed, find new ideas, and meet new people. I believe we have accomplished these goals.
So, why should you come to the Biola Digital Ministry Conference?
- You will receive practical solutions to your digital ministry problems. We will be holding several sessions from experts who are doing digital ministry and will provide you with the ideas and tools you need to improve your ministry.
- We are committed to helping you use digital technologies. We are creating a technology “track” which will focus on the nuts and bolts of technologies. We will also be giving you insights into innovative applications that you can use in your ministry in our “app showcase” breakout sessions.
- You will get to see new ministry technologies developed right before your eyes. The Digital Ministry “hack-a-thon” will be held in conjunction with the conference. At this event, developer teams will create new ministry applications over a 48-hour period and present them to the conference attendees on the final morning.
- We will provide a good return on investment. We have worked hard this year to keep the cost of the conference down by providing an inexpensive housing solution. You can now stay on campus here at Biola for as little as $38/night, which includes all of your meals! If you take advantage of our early bird registration, this means you can attend the conference for as little as $245, including your housing and food.
- There will be a conference lounge. Free coffee, cookies, and a place to connect with other conference attendees. Isn’t that why you go to conferences?
These are just some of the reasons to attend this year’s conference. Stay tuned to the conference blog and follow Biola Digital on Twitter to get updates about the conference as more details are added.
As we continue to plan this conference, our prayer for your ministry is that you will be blessed by this conference, whether or not you choose to come. I hope to see you here at Biola University this June!
You can register for the conference by going to the registration page.