Join us to hear a tremendous line-up of speakers at the San Diego Church Bootcamp May 5-6th. This conference is a great opportunity to be encouraged, challenged, edified and learn about being missional as well as gain insight into church planting. Come hear Mark Driscoll, Matt Chandler, Darrin Patrick, Jeff Vanderstelt and more in San Diego…
Register or Lean more about Influence: Multiplying Leaders on Mission for the Gospel.
Thank you for those who attended my session at CLA ’09 on Leading Web Development. If you wanted and have not received an email with a pdf, please contact me. A lot of the information was in the session audio, CLA should have this or I’d be happy to connect with someone at your organization to discuss.
– The Internet is doubling every two years yet most organizations are not strategically investing to prepare for the rapid shifts of our world embodying the web. We discussed this shift from the current state in Semantic web to OneNet.
– We are just beginning to understand what is working and what isn’t in Social Media. A lot of ministries aren’t quite sure where to best spend their time to be effective. We discussed the need for a radical shift toward Internet Presence Management which includes new tactics of effective social media engagement.
– We discussed how to design Triperspectivally and why this is important to move visitors to engage the behaviors important to your organization.
– We also looked at why your ministry needs a Mullet Strategy and why this is important to move people from business in the front to the party in the back. This cannot be a ‘me-too’ strategy, we’ve seen these fail to date. When done correctly, this strategy will positively impact donations, membership, outreach and other important ministry functions.
– Lastly we examined a few online donation trends and how to prepare for the estimation that the majority of donations will occur online within 10 years.
Call to particpate in our State of Ministry Online Research: We have been working with organizations such as Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, Enjoying God Ministries, and Practical Family Living to study effective web strategies. This project is led by Kevin Ring of Unconventional Method. Kevin brings years of experience leading research projects Äì designing and executing strategic customer/competitive research and analysis across multiple industries, including work with companies such as Google, Yahoo!, Citibank, Hewitt Associates, Gallup, Bank of America and other Fortune 500 companies, ministries and nonÄêprofits. Contact me if you would like to have your ministry participate.
10 Insights from a Church Planter by David Fairchild
Learn from the mistakes, lessons and reflection of a church planter 7 years into it.
Business for the kingdom by Tim Chester
How do you grow and run a company as a believer?
Conferences to promote:
San Diego Bootcamp
Catalyst West April 22-24, 2009 in Irvine, CA. Speakers include: Andy Stanley, Craig Groeschel, Rick Warren, Guy Kawasaki, Ravi Zacharias, Francis Chan, Brian Houston, Erwin McManus, Perry Noble, Catherine Rohr, Jud Wilhite, and Luis Palau . The first day, April 22, will feature Origins in partnership with
Catalyst Labs. These interactive sessions include talks from people such as Dave Gibbons, Alan Hirsch, Blake Mycoskie (Toms Shoes), Erwin McManus, Eric Bryant, Dan Kimball, Jamie Tworkowski (To Write Love on Her Arms), Margaret Feinberg, Mark Batterson and many others.
Register at: www.catalystwestcoast.com or by phone at 888-334-6569. Mention Rate Code BLG and you can save an extra 10% on the ticket price.
If you would like a FREE Catalyst West ticket I’m giving one out, enter to win by commenting on my blog.
Unconventional Method began to design research to explore what churches are doing effectively online in this area and help shape the understanding of how churches can use the internet to gather, disciple and build community. From January 27 through February, almost 1,000 people participated in an exploratory survey examining what churches are doing with social and community networks. Phase I research began to frame the landscape & attitudes in this space. In this research we examined questions such as:
* What feature/functionality are Christians seeking for social networking?
* What Social Media strategies and services do they or their church use?
* What Christian social media websites do they participate in?
Some key findings:
- Facebook was the most used Church Web Media strategy.
- Of the Christian Social Networking sites reviewed 82% of respondents had no awareness that they existed.
Top 5 Requested Features/Functionality sought:
1. Ability to find, register, and/or get details for events.
2. Ability to post prayer requests or needs.
3. Ability to find serving opportunities at the church based on interest or gifts.
4. Ability to join and interact with home/bible study groups.
5. Integration with existing church website.
WATCH THE WEBINAR Church, Christians and Social Networking
DOWNLOAD STUDY SUMMARY Churches, Christians and Social Networking Study (PDF) or you can also go to Church Tech Review: Churches & Christian Social Networking Study
Tuesday, May 05, 2009, 9:00 AM – Wednesday, May 06, 2009, 6:00 PM
Acts 29 Boot Camps are church planting conferences open to the public that focus on the vision of church planting, calling of the planter, mandate to multiply churches and the theological foundation for gospel-centered church planting. The San Diego Boot Camp will be hosted by Kaleo Church in San Diego, CA.
Influence:Multiplying Leaders on Mission for the Gospel
Schedule (subject to minor change)
Tuesday, May 5:
9:00am – registration
10:00am Äì Welcome | Scott Thomas
10:10am – Worship
10:30am Äì Session 1: ÄúInfluence Through LeadershipÄù – Mark Driscoll
11:30am ÄìPresentation | Logos
12:00pm Äì Presentation | Great Commission Ministries
12:15pm Äì lunch (provided)
1:00pm – Workshops
1. WivesÄô Track Part 1 led by Erin Young
2. Art on Life: Engaging Media Redemptively by Mike Brown
3. Leading the Mission by Justin Anderson
4. Calling by Thomas Young
3:00pm Äì Session 2: ÄúInfluence Through BrokenessÄù – David Fairchild
4:00pm Äì Break
4:20pm Äì Session 3: ÄúInfluence Through Mission & VisionÄù – Jeff Vanderstelt
5:30pm Äì End of day 1
Wednesday, May 6:
10:00am Äì Welcome | Scott Thomas
10:10am Äì Worship
10:30am – Session 4: ÄúInfluence Through CommunityÄù – Brian Howard
11:30am Äì Q & A
12:00pm Äì lunch (provided)
1:00pm Äì Workshops
1. WivesÄô Track Part 2 led by Erin Young
2. Session TBA by Dave Fandy
3. Setting the DNA for a Multi-ethnic Church Plant by Thien Doan
4. Practical Missional Ecclesiology by Drew Goodmanson
3:00pm Äì Session 5: ÄúInfluence Through the Word & WorshipÄù – Matt Chandler
4:00pm – break
4:20pm ÄìSession 6: ÄúInfluence Through PerseveringÄù – Darrin Patrick
5:30pm Äì Worship
Boot Camp Location:
New Life Presbyterian Church
5333 Lake Murray Blvd.
La Mesa, CA 91942
For more information, please visit: www.acts29network.org/event/2009-05-05-san-diego-boot-campÄìmay-5-6-2009/