Any help you can lend out there but DataFizz is taking credit for this design of Viviana Rodr??guez Amoblamientos SA. It is a direct rip of Denver Seminary built by Monk and designed by Designwise Studios. TheyÄôre even using the same css file names (monkcms.css).
We have hit and now are exceeding our response goals! Thank you to all who promoted & participated in the State of the Church Online surveys. We have over 500 responses to the Social & Community Network survey and over 50 churches who will participate in the web analytics evaluation. Thank you Church Relevance, Godbit, Digital @ Leadership Network (DJ & Cynthia), Collide Magazine, Tall Skinny Kiwi….I can hear the music getting louder to try to make me finish…Church Tech Review, ChurchBIT and anyone else I’m forgetting!
We have begun to analyze the data from the State of the Church Online for Social & Community Networks + Church Websites & Usage. Want to hear the results of these studies? We will put together a report of the findings and two Webinars are scheduled to report on these results. Sign-up:
The Truth about Church Websites and Effective Online Outreach
Wednesday, March 4, 2009 10:00 AM
Beyond the Web 2.0 Noise: How to use the Internet to Disciple & Create Real Community
Wednesday, April 8, 2009 10:00 AM
I’ve been looking at joining The Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO). I have had several friends who have or currently are a part of this and speak highly of it. A few of the benefits they suggest include:
- I need to find other people like me; those who understand what it’s like to own a business.
- I need to solve business or personal challenges I haven’t faced before. I’m walking in the dark here.
I need to expand my network, get out there and meet people who can help me grow.
This led me to think about some of the challenges we face at Monk as it relates to operating a business with gospel-distinction framed in a redemptive-historical worldview.
- How do you hire/fire, deal with performance based roles (sales)
with a grace-centered perspective?
- How do you deal with ‘competition‘? What is the balance between being competitive and seeking excellence?
- How do you go beyond trying to apply ‘Biblical Principles’. How does a redemptive worldview shape your profit motives? How does grace-renewal change your organizational goals?
- How do you deal with issues of calling, ministry-involvement and mission within the business world?
These are just a few of the reasons I think there is a need for OGRE – Organization of Gospel-Centered Reformed Entrepreneurs. Is there anyone else out there? I would imagine we’d use similar standards for membership that EO does: (or does this qualifications contradict our OGRE worldview?)
To qualify, you must:
* Be the founder, co-founder or owner of a company
* Hold one of the above titles for a company that grosses more than US$1 million annually
* Join before age 50
* For venture-backed companies to qualify for membership they must have privately raised funds of US $2M or publically raised funds of US$5M, and 10 full-time employees. Venture backed companies have three years before they must meet the standard qualification of US $1M in gross annual
Let me know if there is interest…
- How effective is your church website?
- Are regulars coming back frequently?
- Are you gathering new people? If not, who is visiting your website?
- Why are they visiting?
- Where are these visitors coming from?
- Church website designs have improved greatly over the last few years but are the designs created for the right online visitors?
Church website designs have improved greatly over the last few years but are the designs created for the right online visitors? You are invited to participate in ‘The State of the Church Online – Part II Church Websites & Usage ‘ survey. This survey will examine 50-100 church website analytics to find the trends, benchmarks and case studies for excellence as it relates to church website design and usage.
Would you like to submit your church to participate? We ask that you have Google Analytics set-up on your site for at least 3-months, preferably a year. We will ask participating churches to send a quick survey to their members. Make sure either you are the contact person or you can provide the person who can send church members a quick survey regarding their usage of the church website?
In addition to this survey you can also participate in The State of the Church Online – Part I Social & Community Networks survey. Our prayer is that these studies help bring clarity and guidance for churches to pursue excellence online to the glory of God.
Link: The State of the Church Online – Part II Church Websites & Usage
EDIT: Saw DJ Chuang’s better layout on the Church Website survey.
Kaleo Church seeks a person to join our team overseeing operations and assisting the current staff. Here is the information on the operations role.